As a tired person I want to wake up to my favourite music so that I feel energised and raring to go.
Santa has been really good to me and brought me an Amazon Echo but there is a slight flaw in that I can’t wake up to my playlist on Spotify.
Not to be beaten, I’ve found a workaround:
- I’m using my phone as an alarm but I want to only use the native alarm app.
- I’ve recorded a voice memo “Alexa….play Metallica on Spotify”
- emailed that to myself
- changed the file extension to M4R
- added my new tone to iTunes
- synced this to my phone
- set it as my alarm.
- Workout how to have it only say the command once
- Workaround: leave a long pause at the end of the voice memo
- String together commands:
- turn on light; whats new; play playlist; go to work instead of me